Herb Kane's last painting to be unveiled at Waikiki hotel | Arts & Culture
Hawaiian Art enthusiasts will have the chance to see the last work of master painter Herb Kane on Friday.
"Kamehameha Landing" will be unveiled at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Friday night.
This was the last commissioned painting by the artist and historian which was about 90 percent complete before Kane passed away this past March.
The blessing will take place at 5:30 p.m. In the Monarch Room.
It's a part of a weekend-long series of events at the hotel.
On Saturday, the historic Hawaii Foundation will be honoring Kane as the 2011 Kamaaina of the Year.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23