Herb Kane's last painting to be unveiled at Waikiki hotel | Arts & Culture
Hawaiian Art enthusiasts will have the chance to see the last work of master painter Herb Kane on Friday.
"Kamehameha Landing" will be unveiled at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Friday night.
This was the last commissioned painting by the artist and historian which was about 90 percent complete before Kane passed away this past March.
The blessing will take place at 5:30 p.m. In the Monarch Room.
It's a part of a weekend-long series of events at the hotel.
On Saturday, the historic Hawaii Foundation will be honoring Kane as the 2011 Kamaaina of the Year.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year