Herb Kane's last painting to be unveiled at Waikiki hotel | Arts & Culture
Hawaiian Art enthusiasts will have the chance to see the last work of master painter Herb Kane on Friday.
"Kamehameha Landing" will be unveiled at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Friday night.
This was the last commissioned painting by the artist and historian which was about 90 percent complete before Kane passed away this past March.
The blessing will take place at 5:30 p.m. In the Monarch Room.
It's a part of a weekend-long series of events at the hotel.
On Saturday, the historic Hawaii Foundation will be honoring Kane as the 2011 Kamaaina of the Year.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia