Herb Kane's last painting to be unveiled at Waikiki hotel | Arts & Culture
Hawaiian Art enthusiasts will have the chance to see the last work of master painter Herb Kane on Friday.
"Kamehameha Landing" will be unveiled at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Friday night.
This was the last commissioned painting by the artist and historian which was about 90 percent complete before Kane passed away this past March.
The blessing will take place at 5:30 p.m. In the Monarch Room.
It's a part of a weekend-long series of events at the hotel.
On Saturday, the historic Hawaii Foundation will be honoring Kane as the 2011 Kamaaina of the Year.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day
- Mid-Pacific students aid kids' cancer research with ice cream malasadas sale