Herb Kane's last painting to be unveiled at Waikiki hotel | Arts & Culture
Hawaiian Art enthusiasts will have the chance to see the last work of master painter Herb Kane on Friday.
"Kamehameha Landing" will be unveiled at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel Friday night.
This was the last commissioned painting by the artist and historian which was about 90 percent complete before Kane passed away this past March.
The blessing will take place at 5:30 p.m. In the Monarch Room.
It's a part of a weekend-long series of events at the hotel.
On Saturday, the historic Hawaii Foundation will be honoring Kane as the 2011 Kamaaina of the Year.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Announces 2014-2015 Halekulani Masterworks Season
- Conley, Hayashida, Ing, Martinson, and Wo Join UHF Board
- Kahala Mall Hosts Keiki Day on August 23
- Avalon Development Co. Puts 17 Industrial Parcels At Kapolei Business Park, Phase 2, On The Market
- Safeway Hawaii Foundation Grants $10,000 In Scholarships To 10 Hawaii Students
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager