Past, present Aquarium directors come together | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Becker Communications
WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S PAST AND PRESENT COME TOGETHER
***Two past directors and current director of the Aquarium share a meal and 37 years of Aquarium knowledge***
In a rare moment, the Waikiki Aquarium’s past two directors, Dr. Bruce Carlson and Dr. Leighton Taylor came together with the current director, Dr. Andrew Rossiter and shared a meal and a bit of history of the Waikiki Aquarium.
The last 37 years has seen these three men fostering, nurturing and running the third oldest aquarium in the United States. It is a special moment when all three of them come together with a shared passion of research, conservation and education to reach the Aquarium’s immense potential.
Photo, caption: A rare moment with three Waikiki Aquarium directors - past and present. Combined they have 37 years of Aquarium knowledge.
Left to right: Dr. Andy Rossiter, 2004-present; Dr Leighton Taylor, 3rd director from 1975-1986; and Dr. Bruce Carlson, interim director from 1986-1990, then full director 1990-2004.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- KCAA Preschools of Hawaii announces new board member
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Observe Good Friday Holiday and Easter
- Give Back and Get More at Ward Centers from May 2 to 4
- Island Sole and OluKai Pair Up to Donate Footwear to Hawai‘i’s Lifeguards
- maluhia honua – 2014 aloha festivals to honor polynesian voyaging society’s world voyage
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge
- Maria Carvalho Wins Speech Competition
- "Strange Case of Origami Yoda" Selected 2014 Nene Award Winner
- Meet Author Emmy Laybourne at McCully-Moiliili Library on April 15