Past, present Aquarium directors come together | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Becker Communications
WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S PAST AND PRESENT COME TOGETHER
***Two past directors and current director of the Aquarium share a meal and 37 years of Aquarium knowledge***
In a rare moment, the Waikiki Aquarium’s past two directors, Dr. Bruce Carlson and Dr. Leighton Taylor came together with the current director, Dr. Andrew Rossiter and shared a meal and a bit of history of the Waikiki Aquarium.
The last 37 years has seen these three men fostering, nurturing and running the third oldest aquarium in the United States. It is a special moment when all three of them come together with a shared passion of research, conservation and education to reach the Aquarium’s immense potential.
Photo, caption: A rare moment with three Waikiki Aquarium directors - past and present. Combined they have 37 years of Aquarium knowledge.
Left to right: Dr. Andy Rossiter, 2004-present; Dr Leighton Taylor, 3rd director from 1975-1986; and Dr. Bruce Carlson, interim director from 1986-1990, then full director 1990-2004.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014