Past, present Aquarium directors come together | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Becker Communications
WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S PAST AND PRESENT COME TOGETHER
***Two past directors and current director of the Aquarium share a meal and 37 years of Aquarium knowledge***
In a rare moment, the Waikiki Aquarium’s past two directors, Dr. Bruce Carlson and Dr. Leighton Taylor came together with the current director, Dr. Andrew Rossiter and shared a meal and a bit of history of the Waikiki Aquarium.
The last 37 years has seen these three men fostering, nurturing and running the third oldest aquarium in the United States. It is a special moment when all three of them come together with a shared passion of research, conservation and education to reach the Aquarium’s immense potential.
Photo, caption: A rare moment with three Waikiki Aquarium directors - past and present. Combined they have 37 years of Aquarium knowledge.
Left to right: Dr. Andy Rossiter, 2004-present; Dr Leighton Taylor, 3rd director from 1975-1986; and Dr. Bruce Carlson, interim director from 1986-1990, then full director 1990-2004.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant