Waikiki Aquarium Needs Volunteers | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Becker Communications
ASSIST THE FISH! WAIKIKI AQUARIUM VOLUNTEER TRAINING BEGINS MAY 5, 2012
HONOLULU (DRAFT) – The Waikiki Aquarium offers a sea of volunteer opportunities that provide the chance to teach residents and visitors about Hawai‘i sea life and conservation. The Aquarium will hold free Aquarium volunteer Interpreter training sessions beginning May 5 through June 2, 2012.
Interpreters share natural history information on the Waikiki Aquarium’s outdoor reef exhibit, guide visitor observations and answer questions about Hawai‘i’s marine environment. The training course covers interpretation and hospitality skills, information on exhibit operations, and various marine sciences. Interpreters work one two-hour shift per week for a minimum period of six months.
Eight training sessions will be held every Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to noon, and every Thursday evening from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please note, there will be no class on Saturday, May 12, 2012. One-on-one sessions will then be scheduled for on-the-job training.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day