Waikiki Aquarium Needs Volunteers | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Becker Communications
ASSIST THE FISH! WAIKIKI AQUARIUM VOLUNTEER TRAINING BEGINS MAY 5, 2012
HONOLULU (DRAFT) – The Waikiki Aquarium offers a sea of volunteer opportunities that provide the chance to teach residents and visitors about Hawai‘i sea life and conservation. The Aquarium will hold free Aquarium volunteer Interpreter training sessions beginning May 5 through June 2, 2012.
Interpreters share natural history information on the Waikiki Aquarium’s outdoor reef exhibit, guide visitor observations and answer questions about Hawai‘i’s marine environment. The training course covers interpretation and hospitality skills, information on exhibit operations, and various marine sciences. Interpreters work one two-hour shift per week for a minimum period of six months.
Eight training sessions will be held every Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to noon, and every Thursday evening from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please note, there will be no class on Saturday, May 12, 2012. One-on-one sessions will then be scheduled for on-the-job training.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6