20th Anniversary of Filipino Fiesta and Parade | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy of: Filipino Fiesta and Parade
We are excited to announce that the 20th Annual Filipino Fiesta, the premier event of the Filipino Community in Hawaii, will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2012. The theme is “Pagdiriwang at Pasasalamat – Celebration and Thanks” .
The 20th Annual Filipino Fiesta kicks off with a colorful parade starting from Fort DeRussy at 9:00 am and ends at Kapiolani Park. The Fiesta, complete with food, cultural and business booths, a keiki village, and an all-day entertainment program promises to be a fun-filled family affair. Our participating floats in the Parade will convey a cultural theme, depicting the various cultures from different regions of the Philippines. In addition, there will be street dancers, marching bands, and other cultural, community, professional, civic, and student marching groups.
The highlight of our Parade features GMA stars Richard Rama Gutierrez and King Jay R . They will also be performing during the Fiesta at Kapiolani Park and will be greeting and signing autographs with their fans. In the past years, the Fiesta at Kapiolani Park has attracted tens of thousands of the local and tourist populations. The Fiesta showcases various aspects of Filipino culture - it has a regional cultural village, a Keiki village, food booths, and an all day entertainment program featuring local and Philippine-based artists.
The Fiesta's business and sponsor booths allow local entrepreneurs to showcase their products to the thousands of people who attend the festival. For Booth participants, we encourage you to participate in this colorful and popular event by purchasing the appropriate booth for your business, non-profit, or community organization. The magnitude of this event, the significant exposure it creates, and the various opportunities it provides for public contact, will certainly benefit your respective organizations. We hope you will support and be part of us, as we bring to Hawaii the biggest event in the Filipino community. The annual event is organized by the Filipino Community Center in partnership with the Filipino Junior Chamber, United Filipino Council of Hawaii, Oahu Filipino Community Council, and the Congress of Visayan Organizations among others.For more information about the Fiesta, feel free to contact Rose Churma at the FilCom Center (680-0451) or Randy Cortez at (808) 342-7685 or by email at email@example.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia