20th Anniversary of Filipino Fiesta and Parade | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy of: Filipino Fiesta and Parade
We are excited to announce that the 20th Annual Filipino Fiesta, the premier event of the Filipino Community in Hawaii, will be held on Saturday, May 5, 2012. The theme is “Pagdiriwang at Pasasalamat – Celebration and Thanks” .
The 20th Annual Filipino Fiesta kicks off with a colorful parade starting from Fort DeRussy at 9:00 am and ends at Kapiolani Park. The Fiesta, complete with food, cultural and business booths, a keiki village, and an all-day entertainment program promises to be a fun-filled family affair. Our participating floats in the Parade will convey a cultural theme, depicting the various cultures from different regions of the Philippines. In addition, there will be street dancers, marching bands, and other cultural, community, professional, civic, and student marching groups.
The highlight of our Parade features GMA stars Richard Rama Gutierrez and King Jay R . They will also be performing during the Fiesta at Kapiolani Park and will be greeting and signing autographs with their fans. In the past years, the Fiesta at Kapiolani Park has attracted tens of thousands of the local and tourist populations. The Fiesta showcases various aspects of Filipino culture - it has a regional cultural village, a Keiki village, food booths, and an all day entertainment program featuring local and Philippine-based artists.
The Fiesta's business and sponsor booths allow local entrepreneurs to showcase their products to the thousands of people who attend the festival. For Booth participants, we encourage you to participate in this colorful and popular event by purchasing the appropriate booth for your business, non-profit, or community organization. The magnitude of this event, the significant exposure it creates, and the various opportunities it provides for public contact, will certainly benefit your respective organizations. We hope you will support and be part of us, as we bring to Hawaii the biggest event in the Filipino community. The annual event is organized by the Filipino Community Center in partnership with the Filipino Junior Chamber, United Filipino Council of Hawaii, Oahu Filipino Community Council, and the Congress of Visayan Organizations among others.For more information about the Fiesta, feel free to contact Rose Churma at the FilCom Center (680-0451) or Randy Cortez at (808) 342-7685 or by email at email@example.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014