Ala Moana Hotel is the "Official Hotel of 35th Annual Na Hoku Hanohano Awards and Music Festival" | Arts & Culture
Information courtesy: Bennet Group Strategic Communications
HONOLULU - Ala Moana Hotel is proud to announce that it is the official hotel of the 35th Annual Na Hoku Hanohano Awards and Music Festival, taking place from May 25 to 27, 2012, at the Hawaii Convention Center. The Na Hoku Hanohano Awards (Hokus) is the culminating event of the month-long Mele Mei 2012, celebrating the unique music of Hawaii.
Ala Moana Hotel's Pakele Lounge will host the Hokus After Party on May 27, from 10 p.m. to midnight, immediately following the 35th Annual Na Hoku Hanohano Awards. The party will feature local group Li Hing Mui.
Ala Moana Hotel is also extending special Na Hoku Hanohano room rates starting at just $109 in the Kona Tower for anyone who is attending the Hokus or Festival. To qualify for the rates, available May 23-30, 2012, simply show an identification badge, ticket or receipt for any of the events to the front desk before checking out. Room rates are nightly for single or double occupancy, plus tax. Rooms are subject to availability.
"Ala Moana Hotel is proud to be the official hotel sponsor of this prestigious event," said Marty Milan, director of sales and marketing for the hotel. "The staff is excited and looking forward to extending our hospitality to honorees and the many fans, friends and ohana who will stay with us and extend their support. I hope they don't mind if we're 'starstruck'!"
"We are extremely honored and grateful to have Ala Moana Hotel, once again, as a valued partner of the Na Hoku Hanohano Music Festival and Awards," said Kuuipo Kumukahi, HARA president. "We all love staying there - not only for its convenient location, but also for its well-appointed rooms and the gracious hospitality of its staff."
Ala Moana Hotel was the original home of the Na Hoku Hanohano Awards in 1978 when winners included Melveen Leed and Cecilio and Kapono. Eventually, the Hokus grew too large for the Ala Moana Hotel. Its current home is the 35,000 square foot Kalakaua Ballroom at the Hawaii Convention Center, across the street from the hotel. Ala Moana Hotel is overjoyed about this reunion with the Hokus, and the chance to once again be an official sponsor for the awards.
For the latest news and updates, follow Ala Moana Hotel on Twitter at: @AlaMoanaHotel and
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/AlaMoanaHotel
ABOUT ALA MOANA HOTEL
Ala Moana Hotel, Honolulu's landmark hotel, offers contemporary hotel accommodations for business and leisure travelers. This upscale Honolulu hotel features Royal Garden and YuZu restaurants, meeting and banquet facilities, energetic Rumours nightclub, and expansive pool deck, sauna and fitness center. Ala Moana Hotel adjoins Ala Moana Center, America's largest open-air shopping mall, and is just steps to the Hawaii Convention Center and Ala Moana Beach Park. For more information about Ala Moana Hotel, and to make reservations, please visit www.AlaMoanaHotel.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6