Vicky Cayetano Named Salesperson of the Year | Business
The following information is provided by Mana Means Communications:
The Salesperson of the Year (SPOY) committee of Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI), Honolulu Chapter, is pleased to announce that Mrs. Vicky Cayetano, former First Lady of Hawaii and current President and Chief Executive Officer of United Laundry Services, Inc. and Managing Director of United Laundry Kona, LCC., has been selected “Salesperson of the Year” for 2011. The Salesperson of the Year luncheon will be held Thursday, April 12, at the Sheraton Waikiki with registration at 11:15 a.m. followed by the luncheon and program at 11:45 a.m. This will be the 54th year that SMEI Honolulu has bestowed this award upon an individual who has “enhanced the image of Hawaii and the quality of life in our community.”
“I would like to thank the SMEI organization for this recognition,” shares Vicky Cayetano. “I am very honored to be in the company of past recipients like Mark Dunkerley, Rick Blangiardi and Steven and Carol Ai. Sales is such an important function that we all do every day. Whether it is selling airline seats, home improvement items or LAUNDRY, sales is the life blood of every company.”
Mrs. Cayetano is recognized as a top businesswoman and community leader in Hawaii with accomplishments in business, cultural preservation, and the promotion of better health care, especially for the elderly, women and children.
As Hawaii’s First Lady from 1997 to 2002, Mrs. Cayetano set a new standard for community involvement and participation as she spearheaded numerous programs to improve health care, including an effort in 2002 to provide universal long-term care for all of Hawaii’s citizens.
In addition to lending her name and support to countless community and charitable causes, Mrs. Cayetano is also credited with establishing the Washington Place Foundation and helping initiate, along with First Ladies throughout the United States, the national program “Initiative to Keep Children Alcohol Free.” Along with being past chair of the Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, Mrs. Cayetano was honored as one of the YWCA of Oahu’s 2011 LeaderLuncheon Honorees, the Boy Scouts of Hawaii’s 2002 Distinguished Citizen of the Year, the Girl Scouts of Hawaii’s 2000 Woman of the Year, and a nominee for Ernst and Young’s 1997 “Entrepreneur of the Year.”
“We are so thrilled to be honoring Vicky Cayetano as this year’s SMEI Salesperson of the Year,” shared Lee Collins, President of SMEI. “Not only is she a great leader and sales professional, she is also an exceptionally smart business person whose compassion and support of our local community make her a role model for all young professionals. Vicky leads by example and has shown a true commitment to the betterment of Hawaii and its people.”
Past recipients of this award include Rick Blangiardi of Hawaii Now (KGMB and KHNL), Steven Ai and Carol Ai May of City Mill, Mark B. Dunkerley of Hawaiian Airlines, Governor Linda Lingle, Perry and Price of KSSK Radio, the late Don Ho, Chatt Wright of Hawaii Pacific University, Ed Hogan of Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays, Keith Vieira of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and Anthony Guerrero of First Hawaiian Bank.
SMEI was established in 1935 by IBM founder Thomas Watson and others to create a network of sales and marketing executives to promote industry professionalism. The organization has grown to include members in more than 40 countries.
In Hawaii, approximately 100 members represent advertising, finance, health care, manufacturing, travel, media, and real estate companies.
Since its inception in 1948, SMEI, Honolulu Chapter, has been hosting learning and networking opportunities for sales and marketing executives. To learn more, go to www.smeihonolulu.com. SMEI is the only worldwide sales and marketing professional association for marketers at managerial levels or above.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia