Association of Legal Administrators Brings Annual Conference to the Hawai‘i Convention Center | Business
The Association of Legal Administrators’ (ALA) 2012 Conference & Exposition will draw more than 1,000 attendees and 750 exhibitor participants from around the world to the Hawai‘i Convention Center from April 22-26, 2012. It is the first time the ALA has held its Annual Conference in Hawai‘i.
The event will provide education and networking opportunities for legal management professionals responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. In addition, the conference will include a three-day exposition featuring 125 businesses showcasing the latest in legal management products, services and technologies.
That translates into more than $8.2 million in state revenue, with the Center‘s hotel partners benefiting from more than 14,000 room nights.
“We are excited to welcome our members to Honolulu for what promises to be a truly exceptional event,” said Karen D. Griggs, CLM, 2011-2012 ALA president. “The Annual Conference is a great opportunity for attendees to receive top-notch education, share ideas and network with their colleagues – and what better place to do that than Hawai‘i.”
The conference will include more than 80 sessions presented by the foremost authorities in legal management. Conference speakers will also include Dewitt Jones, a Molokai resident who is one of the country’s top professional photographers; as well as Rosa Say, a leadership coach who was born and raised in Hawai‘i and wrote the book “Managing With Aloha.”
“We are proud to welcome the Association of Legal Administrators Annual Conference to Hawai‘i,” said Joe Davis, SMG general manager of the Hawai‘i Convention Center. “Participants are traveling from 15 countries – as far away as the United Kingdom and Brazil – to participate in this premiere international meeting of legal administrators.”
Headquartered in Lincolnshire, Ill., the ALA is the largest international association providing support, high-quality education and services to professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies. With nearly 10,000 members in 30 countries, ALA represents legal administrators who are leaders and industry experts on legal management issues such as finance, human resources, systems and technology, facilities, marketing and practice management.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shot fired during Kalihi robbery, suspect escapes
- Affordable rentals in Iwilei now accepting applications
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event