Association of Legal Administrators Brings Annual Conference to the Hawai‘i Convention Center | Business
The Association of Legal Administrators’ (ALA) 2012 Conference & Exposition will draw more than 1,000 attendees and 750 exhibitor participants from around the world to the Hawai‘i Convention Center from April 22-26, 2012. It is the first time the ALA has held its Annual Conference in Hawai‘i.
The event will provide education and networking opportunities for legal management professionals responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of private law firms, corporate legal departments and governmental agencies. In addition, the conference will include a three-day exposition featuring 125 businesses showcasing the latest in legal management products, services and technologies.
That translates into more than $8.2 million in state revenue, with the Center‘s hotel partners benefiting from more than 14,000 room nights.
“We are excited to welcome our members to Honolulu for what promises to be a truly exceptional event,” said Karen D. Griggs, CLM, 2011-2012 ALA president. “The Annual Conference is a great opportunity for attendees to receive top-notch education, share ideas and network with their colleagues – and what better place to do that than Hawai‘i.”
The conference will include more than 80 sessions presented by the foremost authorities in legal management. Conference speakers will also include Dewitt Jones, a Molokai resident who is one of the country’s top professional photographers; as well as Rosa Say, a leadership coach who was born and raised in Hawai‘i and wrote the book “Managing With Aloha.”
“We are proud to welcome the Association of Legal Administrators Annual Conference to Hawai‘i,” said Joe Davis, SMG general manager of the Hawai‘i Convention Center. “Participants are traveling from 15 countries – as far away as the United Kingdom and Brazil – to participate in this premiere international meeting of legal administrators.”
Headquartered in Lincolnshire, Ill., the ALA is the largest international association providing support, high-quality education and services to professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies. With nearly 10,000 members in 30 countries, ALA represents legal administrators who are leaders and industry experts on legal management issues such as finance, human resources, systems and technology, facilities, marketing and practice management.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6