Paul Brown Recognizes Operation Mahalo Recipients During Military Appreciation Month | Business
The following information is provided by Becker Communications:
In ongoing appreciation of the sacrifices made daily by military members and their families, Paul Brown Hawaii and the Armed Services YMCA recently recognized U.S. Coast Guard Officer Laura E. Rayburn and Navy Petty Officer Brian Schoffstall as the recipients of its Operation Mahalo. Operation Mahalo rewards active military and their spouses with beauty, luxury and relaxation year-round, but these particular awards were especially timely as May is also Military Appreciation Month.
As the recipients of Operation Mahalo, Rayburn and Schoffstall each received a personalized hair and body makeover from Paul Brown Salons & Spas, dinner for two at Roy’s Restaurant Waikiki and two-nights’ ocean-view accommodations at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
“Rayburn and Schoffstall set a positive example for their peers and the community on a daily basis,” said Paul Brown, master stylist at Paul Brown Salons & Spas and founder of Operation Mahalo. “Their compassion and integrity are inspirational, and it is an honor to show our appreciation through this award.”
Rayburn was nominated for her achievements, leadership and ability to mentor others. In less than eight months on the job, she earned two qualifications, was nominated as the Honolulu sector’s Enlisted Person of the Quarter, and was named Enlisted Person of the Year. Her commitment to others is evident through the countless hours she spends teaching academy cadets and mentoring junior members considering becoming marine science technicians.
Schoffstall was nominated for his dedication to the Navy’s core values and strong leadership qualities. Schoffstall serves over 16,000 personnel as the Navy Region Hawaii Religious Program Specialist (RP) and he is also chapter president of the Region/MIDAPAC Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions. During his off-duty hours, Schoffstall dedicates himself to helping and building the community by supporting the Neighborhood Watch Team, assisting on renovations of Pearl City Elementary School, and organizing the Navy Region Hawaii’s “Feds Feed Families” food drive campaign. He received he Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal (MOVSM) for proven sustained volunteer efforts in the local communities.
Operation Mahalo recipients — members of the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard and Navy and their dependents — are selected each month from nominees put forward by service personnel or members of the general public who know them or have worked with them. The Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) coordinates all of the arrangements, including the selection process.
For more information or to nominate a member of the Armed Forces family, contact ASYMCA Project Coordinator Kehau Bice at (808) 473-3398 or download the nomination information at http://paulbrownhawaii.com/operation-makeover.asp.
Paul Brown Hawaii is a global brand featuring an extensive line of hair care products and six successful salons and day spas throughout the Hawaiian Islands. Master Hairstylist, Educator and Businessman Paul Brown launched his hair care line in the late 1980s to provide hair care solutions for all types of hair, in all cultures. Incorporating Hawaiian plant and sea essences, the line includes high-quality shampoos, conditioners and other beauty products. Paul Brown Hawaii products and services are offered worldwide while sold exclusively in professional salons and spas. For more information, call (808) 591-1881 ext. 228 or visit PaulBrownHawaii.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- See "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at Hawaii Kai Library on March 18
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- Join McDonald's restaurants of Hawaii in supporting Hawaii robotics with egg McMuffin purchase
- Celebrate the End of Tax Season with Ala Moana Hotel's Form of the 1040
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra joins Maestro Roger Nierenberg in special ‘Music Paradigm’ event
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii rolls out free Wi-Fi at all facilities
- Attend Teen Tech Week Events at Six Libraries in March
- Volta Industries Launches New Office Location in San Francisco
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer