Hilo Subaru Hosts ”Share the Love” event on December 1 | Community Spirit
Hilo Subaru Hosts ”Share the Love” event on December 1
Public invited find forever homes for dogs and kittens or sign up as mentors for keiki
WHAT: Hilo Subaru invites the public to attend “Share the Love” day on December 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The dealership will host an engaging event on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii and Hawaii Island Humane Society.
HIHS will have dogs and kittens looking for forever homes. A $25 Petco gift card is included with every adoption and adoption fees are free for current Subaru owners or for those that purchase a vehicle during the event. The public is encouraged to “Share the Love” and stop and by to donate pet care supplies such as bleach, cat litter, dish soap, paper towels, trash bags, old linens (towels, blankets and sheets), pet food and/or treats.
BBBS will have information about how to become a trained volunteer (“Big”) to provide one-on-one mentoring that is professionally supported by a case manager. The public is invited to “Share the Love” and positively change the life of keiki with the invaluable gift of friendship that has positive impact for youth in areas of academics, socio-emotional and behavioral outcomes, high school graduation rates, avoidance of juvenile delinquency and college or career readiness.
WHEN: Saturday, December 1
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Hilo Subaru
1 Keaa St.
- Cute dogs and kittens looking for forever homes.
- Public donating pet care supplies and checking out dogs and kittens for adoption.
· Public receiving $25 Petco gift card with every adoption.
· Sign wavers on the street encouraging public to stop by to donate supplies or adopt a pet.
· Duane Mendoza, Manager, Hawaii Island Humane Society.
· Tim Reed, Sales Manager, Hilo Subaru.
***O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C***
About Subaru Hawaii
Subaru Hawaii sells vehicles across a network of five dealership locations statewide – Big Island Subaru – Hilo and Kona; Island Subaru in Kahului; and Servco Subaru – Mapunapuna and Waialae. Subaru is the only automotive manufacturer to receive the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Picks for all models for the past three years. All Subaru products are built in zero-landfill production plants where 100 percent of waste is recycled or turned into electricity. For additional information on Subaru Hawaii, visit www.subaruhawaii.com.
About Hawaii Island Humane Society
The mission of the Hawaii Island Humane Society is to promote respect for all animals, prevent cruelty to animals, eliminate pet overpopulation, and enhance the bond between humans and animals. HIHS holds a contract with the County of Hawaii to enforce certain animal-related laws and it offers 24-hour service for injured animals and other animal emergencies, humane education classes, low-cost spay and neuter services, lost and found assistance, micro-chipping and more. Learn more at hihs.org or call 808-329-1175.
About Big Brothers & Big Sisters Hawaii
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Hawaii has partnered with guardians, schools, corporations and others in the community to pair children (“Littles”) with carefully screened and trained volunteer mentors (“Bigs”). A unique service of BBBS is that each one of these mentoring relationships is monitored and professionally supported by a case manager focused on creating a healthy bond between the individuals. Learn more at bbbshawaii.org or call 808.695.4571.
Paul Lam, Servco Pacific Inc.
email@example.com / 808.564.2329
Jennifer Dotson, Pang Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.779.0350
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day
- Mid-Pacific students aid kids' cancer research with ice cream malasadas sale