Kona Subaru Hosts ”Share the Love” event on December 1 | Community Spirit
Kona Subaru Hosts ”Share the Love” event on December 1
Forever Homes for Dogs and Cats; Donations of Pet Food and Care Supplies Needed
WHAT: Kona Subaru invites the public to attend “Share the Love” day on December 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The dealership will host an engaging event on behalf of Hawaii Island Humane Society.
HIHS will have dogs and kittens looking for forever homes. A $25 Petco gift card is included with every adoption and adoption fees are free for current Subaru owners or for those that purchase a vehicle during the event. The public is encouraged to “Share the Love” and stop and by to donate pet care supplies such as bleach, cat litter, dish soap, paper towels, trash bags, old linens (towels, blankets and sheets), pet food and/or treats.
WHEN: Saturday, December 1
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Kona Subaru
75-5793 Kuakini Hwy.
- Cute dogs and kittens looking for forever homes.
- Public donating pet care supplies and checking out dogs and kittens for adoption.
· Public receiving $25 Petco gift card with every adoption.
· Sign wavers on the street encouraging public to stop by to donate pet care supplies or adopt a pet.
· Donna Whitaker, Executive Director, Hawaii Island Humane Society.
· Sean Charlston, Sales Manager, Kona Subaru.
***O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C***
Share the Love event benefits Hawaii non-profits
About Subaru Hawaii
Subaru Hawaii sells vehicles across a network of five dealership locations statewide – Big Island Subaru – Hilo and Kona; Island Subaru in Kahului; and Servco Subaru – Mapunapuna and Waialae. Subaru is the only automotive manufacturer to receive the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Picks for all models for the past three years. All Subaru products are built in zero-landfill production plants where 100 percent of waste is recycled or turned into electricity. For additional information on Subaru Hawaii, visit www.subaruhawaii.com.
About Hawaii Island Humane Society
The mission of the Hawaii Island Humane Society is to promote respect for all animals, prevent cruelty to animals, eliminate pet overpopulation, and enhance the bond between humans and animals. HIHS holds a contract with the County of Hawaii to enforce certain animal-related laws and offers 24-hour service for injured animals and other animal emergencies, humane education classes, low-cost spay and neuter services, lost and found assistance, micro-chipping and more. Learn more at hihs.org or call 808-329-1175.
Paul Lam, Servco Pacific Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.564.2329
Jennifer Dotson, Pang Communications
email@example.com / 808.779.0350
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19