Servco Subaru Waialae Hosted “Share the Love” event on December 1 | Community Spirit
Servco Subaru Waialae Hosted “Share the Love” event on December 1
Public was invited to find forever homes for dogs and kittens or sign up as mentors for keiki
Servco Subaru Waialae invited the public to attend “Share the Love” day on December 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The dealership hosted an engaging event on behalf of Oahu SPCA and Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii.
Oahu SPCA had dogs and kittens looking for forever homes. A $25 Petco gift card was included with every adoption and adoption fees were free for current Subaru owners or for those that purchased a vehicle during the event. The public was encouraged to “Share the Love” and donate pet care supplies such as bleach, cat litter, dish soap, paper towels, trash bags, old linens (towels, blankets and sheets), pet food and/or treats.
BBBS had information about how to become a trained volunteer (“Big”) professionally supported by a case manager.
About Subaru Hawaii
Subaru Hawaii sells vehicles across a network of five dealership locations statewide – Big Island Subaru – Hilo and Kona; Island Subaru in Kahului; and Servco Subaru – Mapunapuna and Waialae. Subaru is the only automotive manufacturer to receive the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Picks for all models for the past three years. All Subaru products are built in zero-landfill production plants where 100 percent of waste is recycled or turned into electricity. For additional information on Subaru Hawaii, visit www.subaruhawaii.com.
About Oahu SPCA
The mission of the Oahu SPCA is to reduce euthanasia of Oahu's homeless, abandoned, abused and neglected animals as the largest animal shelter in Hawaii based on a “no-kill” philosophy. We believe that every healthy, treatable animal will find a forever home. Learn more at oahuspca.org or call 808-754-1519.
About Big Brothers & Big Sisters Hawaii
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Hawaii has partnered with guardians, schools, corporations and others in the community to pair children (“Littles”) with carefully screened and trained volunteer mentors (“Bigs”). A unique service of BBBS is that each one of these mentoring relationships is monitored and professionally supported by a case manager focused on creating a healthy bond between the individuals. Learn more at bbbshawaii.org or call 808.695.4571.
Paul Lam, Servco Pacific Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.564.2329
Jennifer Dotson, Pang Communications
email@example.com / 808.779.0350
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6