Servco Subaru Waialae Hosted “Share the Love” event on December 1 | Community Spirit
Servco Subaru Waialae Hosted “Share the Love” event on December 1
Public was invited to find forever homes for dogs and kittens or sign up as mentors for keiki
Servco Subaru Waialae invited the public to attend “Share the Love” day on December 1 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The dealership hosted an engaging event on behalf of Oahu SPCA and Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii.
Oahu SPCA had dogs and kittens looking for forever homes. A $25 Petco gift card was included with every adoption and adoption fees were free for current Subaru owners or for those that purchased a vehicle during the event. The public was encouraged to “Share the Love” and donate pet care supplies such as bleach, cat litter, dish soap, paper towels, trash bags, old linens (towels, blankets and sheets), pet food and/or treats.
BBBS had information about how to become a trained volunteer (“Big”) professionally supported by a case manager.
About Subaru Hawaii
Subaru Hawaii sells vehicles across a network of five dealership locations statewide – Big Island Subaru – Hilo and Kona; Island Subaru in Kahului; and Servco Subaru – Mapunapuna and Waialae. Subaru is the only automotive manufacturer to receive the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) Top Safety Picks for all models for the past three years. All Subaru products are built in zero-landfill production plants where 100 percent of waste is recycled or turned into electricity. For additional information on Subaru Hawaii, visit www.subaruhawaii.com.
About Oahu SPCA
The mission of the Oahu SPCA is to reduce euthanasia of Oahu's homeless, abandoned, abused and neglected animals as the largest animal shelter in Hawaii based on a “no-kill” philosophy. We believe that every healthy, treatable animal will find a forever home. Learn more at oahuspca.org or call 808-754-1519.
About Big Brothers & Big Sisters Hawaii
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Hawaii has partnered with guardians, schools, corporations and others in the community to pair children (“Littles”) with carefully screened and trained volunteer mentors (“Bigs”). A unique service of BBBS is that each one of these mentoring relationships is monitored and professionally supported by a case manager focused on creating a healthy bond between the individuals. Learn more at bbbshawaii.org or call 808.695.4571.
Paul Lam, Servco Pacific Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 808.564.2329
Jennifer Dotson, Pang Communications
email@example.com / 808.779.0350
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge