Waikiki Health Center receives $25,000 grant from Susan G. Komen for the Cure | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Waikiki Health Center:
The Hawai`i Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure awarded $25,000 to Waikiki Health Center toward the non-profit agency's clinical breast health services to uninsured and underinsured women. Grant funding also will support referral services to help increase access to mammography and other imaging procedures.
"We are deeply grateful to the Hawai`i Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure for partnering with us to promote the early detection and treatment of breast cancer," said Sheila Beckham, RD, MPH, Waikiki Health Center's Chief Executive Officer. "This grant will help provide potentially life-saving services to more women, including those who experience cultural, economic or other barriers to accessing care."
Waikiki Health Center places special emphasis on providing breast health services to those who are at high risk of late diagnosis and treatment, including women who are Native Hawaiian, other Pacific Islanders or Asian.
Clinical breast health services are offered at the Center's family of service sites: Ohua Clinic & Pharmacy in Waikiki, "Ho`ola Like" (Healers Together) North Shore satellite in Hale`iwa, Care-A-Van Drop-in Center & Clinic in Kaimuki, Youth Outreach (YO) Drop-in Center & Clinic in Waikiki, PATH Ob/Gyn Clinic in Kaimuki and through a Mobile Medical Clinic, which brings the agency's services to the homeless at locations across Oahu.
The mission of Waikiki Health Center is to provide quality medical and social services that are accessible and affordable for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. For further information, please visit the agency's website at www.waikikihc.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day