University of Hawai`i Cancer Center to Host 2nd Annual Research Education Event | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the University of Hawaii Cancer Center:
The University of Hawai`i Cancer Center will host its second annual Quest for a Cure: Progress in Cancer Research event from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 2nd in the Mauna Kea Ballroom of the Hawaii Prince Hotel. Hawaii News Now television anchor Keahi Tucker will moderate the program aimed at highlighting advancements in cancer research as well as emphasizing the importance of improving quality of life for cancer patients and survivors.
"We are continuously conducting innovative and progressive cancer research," said University of Hawaii Cancer Center Director Michele Carbone, M.D., PhD. "These events provide us the opportunity to inform the public about our groundbreaking research and ultimately how that research will benefit them."
This event is just one of the hundreds taking place nationwide in recognition of National Cancer Survivor's Day that will be celebrated on Sunday, June 3rd. Event attendees will hear from a panel of experts that include UH Cancer Center scientists David Ward, PhD, Suzanne Murphy, PhD, James Turkson PhD and Erin Bantum, PhD, as well as a cancer survivor who participated in a clinical trial. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion to allow attendees the opportunity to interact with these experts.
The cost to attend the event is $10.00 which includes a buffet breakfast. Advance registration is recommended by no later than Tuesday, May 29th. To register please contact the University of Hawaii Conference Center at 808-956-8204 or visit their website at: http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/conference.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- See "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at Hawaii Kai Library on March 18
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- Join McDonald's restaurants of Hawaii in supporting Hawaii robotics with egg McMuffin purchase
- Celebrate the End of Tax Season with Ala Moana Hotel's Form of the 1040
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra joins Maestro Roger Nierenberg in special ‘Music Paradigm’ event
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii rolls out free Wi-Fi at all facilities
- Attend Teen Tech Week Events at Six Libraries in March
- Volta Industries Launches New Office Location in San Francisco
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer