University of Hawai`i Cancer Center to Host 2nd Annual Research Education Event | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the University of Hawaii Cancer Center:
The University of Hawai`i Cancer Center will host its second annual Quest for a Cure: Progress in Cancer Research event from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 2nd in the Mauna Kea Ballroom of the Hawaii Prince Hotel. Hawaii News Now television anchor Keahi Tucker will moderate the program aimed at highlighting advancements in cancer research as well as emphasizing the importance of improving quality of life for cancer patients and survivors.
"We are continuously conducting innovative and progressive cancer research," said University of Hawaii Cancer Center Director Michele Carbone, M.D., PhD. "These events provide us the opportunity to inform the public about our groundbreaking research and ultimately how that research will benefit them."
This event is just one of the hundreds taking place nationwide in recognition of National Cancer Survivor's Day that will be celebrated on Sunday, June 3rd. Event attendees will hear from a panel of experts that include UH Cancer Center scientists David Ward, PhD, Suzanne Murphy, PhD, James Turkson PhD and Erin Bantum, PhD, as well as a cancer survivor who participated in a clinical trial. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion to allow attendees the opportunity to interact with these experts.
The cost to attend the event is $10.00 which includes a buffet breakfast. Advance registration is recommended by no later than Tuesday, May 29th. To register please contact the University of Hawaii Conference Center at 808-956-8204 or visit their website at: http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/conference.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day