University of Hawai`i Cancer Center to Host 2nd Annual Research Education Event | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the University of Hawaii Cancer Center:
The University of Hawai`i Cancer Center will host its second annual Quest for a Cure: Progress in Cancer Research event from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 2nd in the Mauna Kea Ballroom of the Hawaii Prince Hotel. Hawaii News Now television anchor Keahi Tucker will moderate the program aimed at highlighting advancements in cancer research as well as emphasizing the importance of improving quality of life for cancer patients and survivors.
"We are continuously conducting innovative and progressive cancer research," said University of Hawaii Cancer Center Director Michele Carbone, M.D., PhD. "These events provide us the opportunity to inform the public about our groundbreaking research and ultimately how that research will benefit them."
This event is just one of the hundreds taking place nationwide in recognition of National Cancer Survivor's Day that will be celebrated on Sunday, June 3rd. Event attendees will hear from a panel of experts that include UH Cancer Center scientists David Ward, PhD, Suzanne Murphy, PhD, James Turkson PhD and Erin Bantum, PhD, as well as a cancer survivor who participated in a clinical trial. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion to allow attendees the opportunity to interact with these experts.
The cost to attend the event is $10.00 which includes a buffet breakfast. Advance registration is recommended by no later than Tuesday, May 29th. To register please contact the University of Hawaii Conference Center at 808-956-8204 or visit their website at: http://www.manoa.hawaii.edu/conference.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April