Hawaii annual 'Walk to Cure diabetes' for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation set for Oct. 29 | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:
Hawaii annual "Walk to Cure diabetes" for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oct. 29, 2011
Pound the pavement with other supporters in the important cause—to find a cure for chronic Type I (juvenile) diabetes. It’s also a day of fun, entertainment, food, games and music at Kapiolani Park. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with the 2-mile-walk start at 8:30 a.m.
Primarily affecting infants and young adults up to 30 years, Type I Diabetes can be diagnosed anytime, at any age. It’s a chronic state, with the only real solution being a cure for the disease. That’s why the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is critical—the only way to get there is through study and research on a global scale.
For more information, call (808) 988-1000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be on the website at www.jdrhawaii.org/walk.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TOYOTA HAWAII ANNOUNCES “MILITARY SALUTE” #WinWithToyotaHI WINNER
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Back Two Experienced Agents
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Now Offer Four New Services
- Subaru Forester Recognized as Motor Trend’s 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year
- Traffic Alert: Water Main break closes lanes on Dillingham Boulevard
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries