Hawaii annual 'Walk to Cure diabetes' for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation set for Oct. 29 | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:
Hawaii annual "Walk to Cure diabetes" for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oct. 29, 2011
Pound the pavement with other supporters in the important cause—to find a cure for chronic Type I (juvenile) diabetes. It’s also a day of fun, entertainment, food, games and music at Kapiolani Park. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with the 2-mile-walk start at 8:30 a.m.
Primarily affecting infants and young adults up to 30 years, Type I Diabetes can be diagnosed anytime, at any age. It’s a chronic state, with the only real solution being a cure for the disease. That’s why the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is critical—the only way to get there is through study and research on a global scale.
For more information, call (808) 988-1000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be on the website at www.jdrhawaii.org/walk.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia