Hawaii annual 'Walk to Cure diabetes' for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation set for Oct. 29 | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:
Hawaii annual "Walk to Cure diabetes" for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oct. 29, 2011
Pound the pavement with other supporters in the important cause—to find a cure for chronic Type I (juvenile) diabetes. It’s also a day of fun, entertainment, food, games and music at Kapiolani Park. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with the 2-mile-walk start at 8:30 a.m.
Primarily affecting infants and young adults up to 30 years, Type I Diabetes can be diagnosed anytime, at any age. It’s a chronic state, with the only real solution being a cure for the disease. That’s why the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is critical—the only way to get there is through study and research on a global scale.
For more information, call (808) 988-1000 or email: email@example.com. Updates will be on the website at www.jdrhawaii.org/walk.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- HUGS Celebrates the Lives of Seriously Ill Children
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014