Hawaii annual 'Walk to Cure diabetes' for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation set for Oct. 29 | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation:
Hawaii annual "Walk to Cure diabetes" for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oct. 29, 2011
Pound the pavement with other supporters in the important cause—to find a cure for chronic Type I (juvenile) diabetes. It’s also a day of fun, entertainment, food, games and music at Kapiolani Park. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with the 2-mile-walk start at 8:30 a.m.
Primarily affecting infants and young adults up to 30 years, Type I Diabetes can be diagnosed anytime, at any age. It’s a chronic state, with the only real solution being a cure for the disease. That’s why the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is critical—the only way to get there is through study and research on a global scale.
For more information, call (808) 988-1000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be on the website at www.jdrhawaii.org/walk.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6