Nanakuli wrestling team invites public to black-tie fundraising gala | Community Spirit
The Nanakuli High School wrestling team needs the public's help to participate in an upcoming tournament and make repairs to its gymnasium.
The public is invited to the black-tie event, "Come Fly With Us" on Wednesday, Mar. 16 at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa's Ocean Ballroom.
The wrestling team hopes to raise $20,000 to cover the costs of the upcoming Maui Invitational Tournament and repair the school's leaky gym roof.
"About $4,000 dollars are needed to take the wrestling team to Maui for the tournament. We also would like to make much needed repairs to our gym's roof, which leaks when it rains," Nanakuli High School wrestling coach Aika Makaula said.
The gala will feature live entertainment from Sean Na'auao, B.E.T., I. Mihana and the Nanakuli Performing Arts Center.
Tickets are $80 per person and corporate tables begin at $1,000.
Celebrity Tuxedo, one of the event sponsors, will offer tuxedo rentals from $49. Ten dollars of the rental will be donated to the Nanakuli Athletic Department.
Monetary donations will also be accepted. Please make checks payable to: Nanakuli Athletic Department, 89-980 Nanakuli Avenue, Waianae, HI 96792, ATTN: Coach Aika.
For more information, contact Coach Aika at 203-3844 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6