Man attacked over smartphone in Waikiki | Crime
Honolulu police arrested nine people after they allegedly tried to take a man's new iPhone 4S in Waikiki.
According to police, an 18 year old took the phone from the victim as he was walking.
The suspects, including five juveniles, reportedly surrounded the victim and asked for money fro the phone back.
They then allegedly started kicking and punching the victim and tried to take his wallet and money.
They reportedly scattered when they heard sirens, but were later caught.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Surf4HUGS Will Again Put Smiles on the Faces of Seriously Ill Keiki
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014