Macy's celebrates the 2012 Hawaii Food and Wine Festival on August 18 | Events
The following information is provided by Hawaii Pacific Entertainment:
Honolulu, Hawai`i (August 13, 2012) – Join Macy’s for the Hawai`i Food & Wine Festival Chef Series featuring chef Ed Kenney of TOWN and DOWNTOWN being held at Macy’s Ala Moana in Honolulu on Saturday, August 18 at noon.
Guests can catch all the culinary action at the demonstration kitchen on level four. Admission to the event is a $5 donation to benefit the Hawai`i Agricultural Foundation. Reservations are not required and seating begins at 11:30 a.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis. Chef Ed will be cooking up his famous pa’i’ai, flatiron steak, tomato and watercress recipe with his son Duke.
Over the past month, Macy’s has been showcasing the extraordinary chefs who will dish up delectable eats at the 2012 Festival from September 6-9, 2012, by hosting a series of chef demonstrations. Past chefs who have made appearances include Roy Yamaguchi of Roy’s Restaurants and Hiroshi Fukui of Hiroshi’s Eurasian Tapas. Our final two demonstrations will be with Mark Noguchi of Hanohano He'eia on September 1 and Nancy Silverton of Mozza, Los Angeles, on September 8.
The Hawai`i Food & Wine Festival (HFWF) is a four-day event being held from September 6 – 9, 2012, at The MODERN Honolulu, Halekulani, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Ko Olina Resort with Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, and the Hyatt Regency Waikiki.
The Festival is a benefit for the Hawai`i Agricultural Foundation, UH Culinary Institute of the Pacific, Leeward Community College Culinary Arts Program, Paepae o He`eia and Papahana Kuaola, with the inaugural Festival in 2011 raising $250,000 for the community.For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com. Find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @HIFoodWineFest.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge