Macy's celebrates the 2012 Hawaii Food and Wine Festival on August 18 | Events
The following information is provided by Hawaii Pacific Entertainment:
Honolulu, Hawai`i (August 13, 2012) – Join Macy’s for the Hawai`i Food & Wine Festival Chef Series featuring chef Ed Kenney of TOWN and DOWNTOWN being held at Macy’s Ala Moana in Honolulu on Saturday, August 18 at noon.
Guests can catch all the culinary action at the demonstration kitchen on level four. Admission to the event is a $5 donation to benefit the Hawai`i Agricultural Foundation. Reservations are not required and seating begins at 11:30 a.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis. Chef Ed will be cooking up his famous pa’i’ai, flatiron steak, tomato and watercress recipe with his son Duke.
Over the past month, Macy’s has been showcasing the extraordinary chefs who will dish up delectable eats at the 2012 Festival from September 6-9, 2012, by hosting a series of chef demonstrations. Past chefs who have made appearances include Roy Yamaguchi of Roy’s Restaurants and Hiroshi Fukui of Hiroshi’s Eurasian Tapas. Our final two demonstrations will be with Mark Noguchi of Hanohano He'eia on September 1 and Nancy Silverton of Mozza, Los Angeles, on September 8.
The Hawai`i Food & Wine Festival (HFWF) is a four-day event being held from September 6 – 9, 2012, at The MODERN Honolulu, Halekulani, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Ko Olina Resort with Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, and the Hyatt Regency Waikiki.
The Festival is a benefit for the Hawai`i Agricultural Foundation, UH Culinary Institute of the Pacific, Leeward Community College Culinary Arts Program, Paepae o He`eia and Papahana Kuaola, with the inaugural Festival in 2011 raising $250,000 for the community.For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com. Find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @HIFoodWineFest.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode
- Young Athletes Invited to Come Out and Play!
- Bonterra Solar partners with top national residential solar company
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event