Eat The Street Presents: An Ode to Bacon! | Events
Information provided by: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
EAT THE STREET PRESENTS AN ODE TO BACON ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27
HONOLULU (April 12, 2012) – What goes with all flavors, sweet, salty or savory? Bacon, of course! Join the most delicious festivities ever with this month’s bacon-themed Eat the Street food truck festival on Friday, April 27 from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. at 555 South St. in Kaka’ako.
Brought to you by StreetGrindz.com, in partnership with Kamehameha Schools and Nonstop Honolulu, this month’s culinary adventure features the famous cured meat that has everyone swooning. From bacon popsicles to chocolate-covered bacon to bacon-wrapped meats, all the vendors have been encouraged to incorporate bacon into their menu in some inventive way. Plus, Shogunai’s DJ crew will be spinning some great beats while you pig out, while Lightsleepers hosts the monthly live art battle.
A few featured vendors this month are Eat Café, serving up Shinsato Farms Sugar Spice Pork Belly Bacon dipped in chocolate, Aloha Ice Cream Tricycle, with a Chocolate Caramel Bacon Pop, and IL Gelato, which will be dishing out a Bacon Fior Di Latte.
That’s not all, though. You can also join in on the Bacon Poetry Contest! If the thought of bacon inspires you to write, here is your chance. Street Grindz will select a few poems to be read at Eat The Street Bacon and the winner will get.... well, let’s just say it will be nothing to oink at. Please submit your bacon poetry to http://hawaiipacificentertainment.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=e67980652c31f98ee8ea3fa2d&id=3e762868a1&e=c3d13fb806.
Join us for an ode to bacon on Friday, April 27 at 555 South St. from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Admission to Eat the Street is FREE. Past events have brought crowds of thousands to Eat the Street, which features more than 40 of the best food trucks and street vendors in Honolulu.
Eat the Street hosts food truck rallies on the last Friday of every month, featuring a diverse range of food vendors. For more information on Eat the Street, please visit www.streetgrindz.com, or follow Street Grindz on Facebook or on Twitter at @streetgrindz. For more information, call 808-780-9288.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day