Eat The Street Presents: An Ode to Bacon! | Events
Information provided by: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
EAT THE STREET PRESENTS AN ODE TO BACON ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27
HONOLULU (April 12, 2012) – What goes with all flavors, sweet, salty or savory? Bacon, of course! Join the most delicious festivities ever with this month’s bacon-themed Eat the Street food truck festival on Friday, April 27 from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. at 555 South St. in Kaka’ako.
Brought to you by StreetGrindz.com, in partnership with Kamehameha Schools and Nonstop Honolulu, this month’s culinary adventure features the famous cured meat that has everyone swooning. From bacon popsicles to chocolate-covered bacon to bacon-wrapped meats, all the vendors have been encouraged to incorporate bacon into their menu in some inventive way. Plus, Shogunai’s DJ crew will be spinning some great beats while you pig out, while Lightsleepers hosts the monthly live art battle.
A few featured vendors this month are Eat Café, serving up Shinsato Farms Sugar Spice Pork Belly Bacon dipped in chocolate, Aloha Ice Cream Tricycle, with a Chocolate Caramel Bacon Pop, and IL Gelato, which will be dishing out a Bacon Fior Di Latte.
That’s not all, though. You can also join in on the Bacon Poetry Contest! If the thought of bacon inspires you to write, here is your chance. Street Grindz will select a few poems to be read at Eat The Street Bacon and the winner will get.... well, let’s just say it will be nothing to oink at. Please submit your bacon poetry to http://hawaiipacificentertainment.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=e67980652c31f98ee8ea3fa2d&id=3e762868a1&e=c3d13fb806.
Join us for an ode to bacon on Friday, April 27 at 555 South St. from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Admission to Eat the Street is FREE. Past events have brought crowds of thousands to Eat the Street, which features more than 40 of the best food trucks and street vendors in Honolulu.
Eat the Street hosts food truck rallies on the last Friday of every month, featuring a diverse range of food vendors. For more information on Eat the Street, please visit www.streetgrindz.com, or follow Street Grindz on Facebook or on Twitter at @streetgrindz. For more information, call 808-780-9288.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6