Eat The Street Presents: An Ode to Bacon! | Events
Information provided by: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
EAT THE STREET PRESENTS AN ODE TO BACON ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27
HONOLULU (April 12, 2012) – What goes with all flavors, sweet, salty or savory? Bacon, of course! Join the most delicious festivities ever with this month’s bacon-themed Eat the Street food truck festival on Friday, April 27 from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. at 555 South St. in Kaka’ako.
Brought to you by StreetGrindz.com, in partnership with Kamehameha Schools and Nonstop Honolulu, this month’s culinary adventure features the famous cured meat that has everyone swooning. From bacon popsicles to chocolate-covered bacon to bacon-wrapped meats, all the vendors have been encouraged to incorporate bacon into their menu in some inventive way. Plus, Shogunai’s DJ crew will be spinning some great beats while you pig out, while Lightsleepers hosts the monthly live art battle.
A few featured vendors this month are Eat Café, serving up Shinsato Farms Sugar Spice Pork Belly Bacon dipped in chocolate, Aloha Ice Cream Tricycle, with a Chocolate Caramel Bacon Pop, and IL Gelato, which will be dishing out a Bacon Fior Di Latte.
That’s not all, though. You can also join in on the Bacon Poetry Contest! If the thought of bacon inspires you to write, here is your chance. Street Grindz will select a few poems to be read at Eat The Street Bacon and the winner will get.... well, let’s just say it will be nothing to oink at. Please submit your bacon poetry to http://hawaiipacificentertainment.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=e67980652c31f98ee8ea3fa2d&id=3e762868a1&e=c3d13fb806.
Join us for an ode to bacon on Friday, April 27 at 555 South St. from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Admission to Eat the Street is FREE. Past events have brought crowds of thousands to Eat the Street, which features more than 40 of the best food trucks and street vendors in Honolulu.
Eat the Street hosts food truck rallies on the last Friday of every month, featuring a diverse range of food vendors. For more information on Eat the Street, please visit www.streetgrindz.com, or follow Street Grindz on Facebook or on Twitter at @streetgrindz. For more information, call 808-780-9288.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia
- DCK Pacific Construction celebrates 75 years of doing business in Hawaii