Eat The Street Presents: An Ode to Bacon! | Events
Information provided by: Hawaii Pacific Entertainment
EAT THE STREET PRESENTS AN ODE TO BACON ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27
HONOLULU (April 12, 2012) – What goes with all flavors, sweet, salty or savory? Bacon, of course! Join the most delicious festivities ever with this month’s bacon-themed Eat the Street food truck festival on Friday, April 27 from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. at 555 South St. in Kaka’ako.
Brought to you by StreetGrindz.com, in partnership with Kamehameha Schools and Nonstop Honolulu, this month’s culinary adventure features the famous cured meat that has everyone swooning. From bacon popsicles to chocolate-covered bacon to bacon-wrapped meats, all the vendors have been encouraged to incorporate bacon into their menu in some inventive way. Plus, Shogunai’s DJ crew will be spinning some great beats while you pig out, while Lightsleepers hosts the monthly live art battle.
A few featured vendors this month are Eat Café, serving up Shinsato Farms Sugar Spice Pork Belly Bacon dipped in chocolate, Aloha Ice Cream Tricycle, with a Chocolate Caramel Bacon Pop, and IL Gelato, which will be dishing out a Bacon Fior Di Latte.
That’s not all, though. You can also join in on the Bacon Poetry Contest! If the thought of bacon inspires you to write, here is your chance. Street Grindz will select a few poems to be read at Eat The Street Bacon and the winner will get.... well, let’s just say it will be nothing to oink at. Please submit your bacon poetry to http://hawaiipacificentertainment.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=e67980652c31f98ee8ea3fa2d&id=3e762868a1&e=c3d13fb806.
Join us for an ode to bacon on Friday, April 27 at 555 South St. from 4:00-9:00 p.m. Admission to Eat the Street is FREE. Past events have brought crowds of thousands to Eat the Street, which features more than 40 of the best food trucks and street vendors in Honolulu.
Eat the Street hosts food truck rallies on the last Friday of every month, featuring a diverse range of food vendors. For more information on Eat the Street, please visit www.streetgrindz.com, or follow Street Grindz on Facebook or on Twitter at @streetgrindz. For more information, call 808-780-9288.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TOYOTA HAWAII ANNOUNCES “MILITARY SALUTE” #WinWithToyotaHI WINNER
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Back Two Experienced Agents
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Now Offer Four New Services
- Subaru Forester Recognized as Motor Trend’s 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year
- Traffic Alert: Water Main break closes lanes on Dillingham Boulevard
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries