Bike to the Zoo Day | Events
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The City and County of Honolulu’s 4th annual Bike to the Zoo Day will be on Sunday, May 20, 2012. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone who rides a bicycle to the Honolulu Zoo will get in free. Bicyclists should enter from the Monsarrat Avenue gate.
There will be free valet bicycle parking available. The first 200 bicyclists will receive a free bag with goodies.
The City is providing this free event to encourage people to ride bicycles for short trips instead of driving their cars. Mayor Peter Carlisle endorses this multi-modal approach to transportation in saying, “We hope this fun, free event will help people realize the potential of the bicycle as an alternative to the car for these shorter trips.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TOYOTA HAWAII ANNOUNCES “MILITARY SALUTE” #WinWithToyotaHI WINNER
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Back Two Experienced Agents
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Now Offer Four New Services
- Subaru Forester Recognized as Motor Trend’s 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year
- Traffic Alert: Water Main break closes lanes on Dillingham Boulevard
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- Island Insurance Foundation donates $25,000 to the FilCom Center & the Aloha for Philippines effort
- Moanalua Elementary School Fun Fair to be held Nov. 22