Bike to the Zoo Day | Events
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The City and County of Honolulu’s 4th annual Bike to the Zoo Day will be on Sunday, May 20, 2012. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone who rides a bicycle to the Honolulu Zoo will get in free. Bicyclists should enter from the Monsarrat Avenue gate.
There will be free valet bicycle parking available. The first 200 bicyclists will receive a free bag with goodies.
The City is providing this free event to encourage people to ride bicycles for short trips instead of driving their cars. Mayor Peter Carlisle endorses this multi-modal approach to transportation in saying, “We hope this fun, free event will help people realize the potential of the bicycle as an alternative to the car for these shorter trips.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- First all-coed Candle-Rose ritual at St. Francis
- Visitor Industry Charity Walk raises record $1.67 million
- National Police Week ends with motorcycle ride to honor fallen
- Honolulu Triathlon traffic restrictions for Sunday
- Local finalists’ artwork of Toyota's 2013 dream car art contest on exhibit at Honolulu Museum of Art