Bike to the Zoo Day | Events
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The City and County of Honolulu’s 4th annual Bike to the Zoo Day will be on Sunday, May 20, 2012. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone who rides a bicycle to the Honolulu Zoo will get in free. Bicyclists should enter from the Monsarrat Avenue gate.
There will be free valet bicycle parking available. The first 200 bicyclists will receive a free bag with goodies.
The City is providing this free event to encourage people to ride bicycles for short trips instead of driving their cars. Mayor Peter Carlisle endorses this multi-modal approach to transportation in saying, “We hope this fun, free event will help people realize the potential of the bicycle as an alternative to the car for these shorter trips.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day