Bike to the Zoo Day | Events
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The City and County of Honolulu’s 4th annual Bike to the Zoo Day will be on Sunday, May 20, 2012. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone who rides a bicycle to the Honolulu Zoo will get in free. Bicyclists should enter from the Monsarrat Avenue gate.
There will be free valet bicycle parking available. The first 200 bicyclists will receive a free bag with goodies.
The City is providing this free event to encourage people to ride bicycles for short trips instead of driving their cars. Mayor Peter Carlisle endorses this multi-modal approach to transportation in saying, “We hope this fun, free event will help people realize the potential of the bicycle as an alternative to the car for these shorter trips.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First Insurance Charitable Foundation Donations Exceed $150,000 In First Half Of 2014
- American Savings Bank Donates $100,000 to the Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lasting Impacts of World War I Discussed at Hawaii State Library on July 26
- Honolulu's Group 70 Wins Bid on Major Tahiti Resort
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014