Bike to the Zoo Day | Events
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
The City and County of Honolulu’s 4th annual Bike to the Zoo Day will be on Sunday, May 20, 2012. The event is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone who rides a bicycle to the Honolulu Zoo will get in free. Bicyclists should enter from the Monsarrat Avenue gate.
There will be free valet bicycle parking available. The first 200 bicyclists will receive a free bag with goodies.
The City is providing this free event to encourage people to ride bicycles for short trips instead of driving their cars. Mayor Peter Carlisle endorses this multi-modal approach to transportation in saying, “We hope this fun, free event will help people realize the potential of the bicycle as an alternative to the car for these shorter trips.”
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- McDonald’s supports 27,000 students in this year’s career and technical education program
- Honolulu Property Management Rolls Out New Tenant Portal
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii Welcomes Jerry Pupillo as New General Manager
- La Pietra presents “Up the Down Staircase”
- Hawaii Theatre to screen classic 1942 film Casablanca, April 26
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April