Waikiki Aquarium 'Ke Kani O Ke Kai' 2012 Summer Concert Series | Events
The following information is provided by Becker Communications:
It's that time of year again for the Waikiki Aquarium's "Ke Kani O Ke Kai" annual summer concert series. Taking place every other Thursday from June 14 through August 9, 2012, the series will kick off with entertainment by Kuana Torres Kahele, and Mark Yamanaka & Darren Benitez. The summer will sizzle on with performances by Raiatea Helm, Jake Shimabukuro, HAPA and Makana. Individual tickets will go on sale May 18, 2012. Packaged tickets for the series are on sale for a limited time.
The 2012 Ke Kani O Ke Kai performance schedule is:
- Thursday, June 14 ~ Kuana Torres Kahele/ Mark Yamanaka & Darren Benitez (food by Kahai Street Kitchen)
- Thursday, June 28 ~ Raiatea Helm/ Weldon Kekauoha (food by Yama's Fish Market)
- Thursday, July 12 ~ Jake Shimabukuro (food by HASR Wine Company & Chef Rodney Uyehara)
- Thursday, July 26 ~ HAPA/ Led Kaapana (food by Big City Diner)
- Thursday, August 9 ~ Makana/ Dennis Kamakahi (food by Hula Grill Waikiki)
Food and beverages will be offered for purchase during each concert.
"Ke Kani O Ke Kai offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy the Aquarium at night while listening to some of Hawaii's best musical performers and enjoying delicious food," said Director Andrew Rossiter, Ph.D.
Aquarium doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the concert will begin at 7 p.m. The evenings are scheduled to conclude at 8:30 p.m. and aquarium galleries will remain open throughout the evening. Low sand chairs and beach mats are preferred. Guests will be seated according to the height of their chair at the discretion of Waikiki Aquarium event staff
Special series pricing is available for $185 ($60 for junior series 7 to 12 years) and $100 for Friends of Waikiki Aquarium (FOWA) members ($35 for junior series). Individual concert tickets are priced at $45 for adults, $15 for children aged 7 to 12, and is free for children 6 and under ($25/$10 for Friends of Waikiki Aquarium "FOWA" members). Food and beverages will be sold separately at a nominal fee. Due to space limitations; only the first 650 ticket sales will be accepted. Tickets may be purchased online at www.waquarium.org/KKOKK . Proceeds of the event will go toward the building of an interactive laboratory for marine conservation.
The Waikiki Aquarium's Ke Kani O Ke Kai series is sponsored by Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Pepsi, A&B Foundation, Altres, Aqua Hotels and Resorts, Becker Communications, Inc., Hawaii Dental Service, Hawaiian Airlines, King Nissan, Kualoa Ranch, Northwestern Mutual, Mike Rudy, Servco Foundation, Surf4 HUGS, Curtis and Janice Takemoto-Gentile, Tyson Foundation, Kona Brewing, Co., Ha.Ka. Entertainment, HASR Wine Co., Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and JMJ Rentals and Reskyu.
ABOUT THE WAIKIKI AQUARIUM
Founded in 1904 and administered by the University of Hawaii at Manoa since 1919, the Waikiki Aquarium is located on the shoreline of Waikiki Beach next to a living reef and across from Kapiolani Park. The Aquarium - third oldest in the U.S. - showcases more than 500 marine species, and maintains more than 3,500 marine specimens. Public exhibits, education programs and research focus on the unique aquatic life of Hawaii and the tropical Pacific. The Aquarium welcomes more than 320,000 visitors annually, and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Honolulu Marathon Sunday and Christmas Day. Admission is $9 for visitors; $6 for local residents, active duty military with ID, students with ID and seniors; $4 for youths ages 13-17 and persons with disabilities; $2 for juniors ages 5 to 12; and free for children 4 and under and Friends of Waikiki Aquarium (FOWA) members. For more information about the Waikiki Aquarium, including membership, please call 808-923-9741 or visit www.waquarium.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- "Great Chinese Language Books Giveaway" at Liliha Library April 26
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge