Waikiki Aquarium 'Ke Kani O Ke Kai' 2012 Summer Concert Series | Events
The following information is provided by Becker Communications:
It's that time of year again for the Waikiki Aquarium's "Ke Kani O Ke Kai" annual summer concert series. Taking place every other Thursday from June 14 through August 9, 2012, the series will kick off with entertainment by Kuana Torres Kahele, and Mark Yamanaka & Darren Benitez. The summer will sizzle on with performances by Raiatea Helm, Jake Shimabukuro, HAPA and Makana. Individual tickets will go on sale May 18, 2012. Packaged tickets for the series are on sale for a limited time.
The 2012 Ke Kani O Ke Kai performance schedule is:
- Thursday, June 14 ~ Kuana Torres Kahele/ Mark Yamanaka & Darren Benitez (food by Kahai Street Kitchen)
- Thursday, June 28 ~ Raiatea Helm/ Weldon Kekauoha (food by Yama's Fish Market)
- Thursday, July 12 ~ Jake Shimabukuro (food by HASR Wine Company & Chef Rodney Uyehara)
- Thursday, July 26 ~ HAPA/ Led Kaapana (food by Big City Diner)
- Thursday, August 9 ~ Makana/ Dennis Kamakahi (food by Hula Grill Waikiki)
Food and beverages will be offered for purchase during each concert.
"Ke Kani O Ke Kai offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy the Aquarium at night while listening to some of Hawaii's best musical performers and enjoying delicious food," said Director Andrew Rossiter, Ph.D.
Aquarium doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the concert will begin at 7 p.m. The evenings are scheduled to conclude at 8:30 p.m. and aquarium galleries will remain open throughout the evening. Low sand chairs and beach mats are preferred. Guests will be seated according to the height of their chair at the discretion of Waikiki Aquarium event staff
Special series pricing is available for $185 ($60 for junior series 7 to 12 years) and $100 for Friends of Waikiki Aquarium (FOWA) members ($35 for junior series). Individual concert tickets are priced at $45 for adults, $15 for children aged 7 to 12, and is free for children 6 and under ($25/$10 for Friends of Waikiki Aquarium "FOWA" members). Food and beverages will be sold separately at a nominal fee. Due to space limitations; only the first 650 ticket sales will be accepted. Tickets may be purchased online at www.waquarium.org/KKOKK . Proceeds of the event will go toward the building of an interactive laboratory for marine conservation.
The Waikiki Aquarium's Ke Kani O Ke Kai series is sponsored by Outrigger Hotels & Resorts, Pepsi, A&B Foundation, Altres, Aqua Hotels and Resorts, Becker Communications, Inc., Hawaii Dental Service, Hawaiian Airlines, King Nissan, Kualoa Ranch, Northwestern Mutual, Mike Rudy, Servco Foundation, Surf4 HUGS, Curtis and Janice Takemoto-Gentile, Tyson Foundation, Kona Brewing, Co., Ha.Ka. Entertainment, HASR Wine Co., Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and JMJ Rentals and Reskyu.
ABOUT THE WAIKIKI AQUARIUM
Founded in 1904 and administered by the University of Hawaii at Manoa since 1919, the Waikiki Aquarium is located on the shoreline of Waikiki Beach next to a living reef and across from Kapiolani Park. The Aquarium - third oldest in the U.S. - showcases more than 500 marine species, and maintains more than 3,500 marine specimens. Public exhibits, education programs and research focus on the unique aquatic life of Hawaii and the tropical Pacific. The Aquarium welcomes more than 320,000 visitors annually, and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Honolulu Marathon Sunday and Christmas Day. Admission is $9 for visitors; $6 for local residents, active duty military with ID, students with ID and seniors; $4 for youths ages 13-17 and persons with disabilities; $2 for juniors ages 5 to 12; and free for children 4 and under and Friends of Waikiki Aquarium (FOWA) members. For more information about the Waikiki Aquarium, including membership, please call 808-923-9741 or visit www.waquarium.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6