TRAFFIC ALERT: Ala Moana Boulevard Lane Closures | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Construction on Ala Moana Boulevard will cause some lane closures this week between Smith Street and Kalakaua Avenue.
According to the Department of Transportation, multiple lanes will close in both directions on Ala Moana Boulevard in both directions from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through Friday, Sept. 21.
Crews will be paving, installing street lights, and repairing sidewalks.
Traffic detours will also take place at the following locations:
-Westbound traffic may be detoured between Queen Street and Ward Avenue on Auahi Street as a detour route.
-Access to Ohe Street and Koula Street from Ala Moana Boulevard will be closed. Eastbound motorists may use Coral Street and Ilalo Street and westbound motorists may use Ilalo Street as an alternate route.
Drivers are advised to use alternate routes including Beretania Street, King Street and Kapiolani Boulevard.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23