Search called off, diver safe | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- The search for a missing diver was called off late Thursday evening after the Coast Guard began their search that afternoon.
A fishing vessel spotted a gray boogie board, buoy, and spear gun about five miles south of Diamond Head at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
The missing diver saw his diving gear on the news and called in to say he was safe.
The Coast Guard had a helicopter, cutter, and a small boat out searching for him, which costs $10,000 an hour.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode
- Young Athletes Invited to Come Out and Play!
- Bonterra Solar partners with top national residential solar company
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event