Search called off, diver safe | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- The search for a missing diver was called off late Thursday evening after the Coast Guard began their search that afternoon.
A fishing vessel spotted a gray boogie board, buoy, and spear gun about five miles south of Diamond Head at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
The missing diver saw his diving gear on the news and called in to say he was safe.
The Coast Guard had a helicopter, cutter, and a small boat out searching for him, which costs $10,000 an hour.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Ukulele Picnic Releases Updated Musical Lineup for 2014
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii Welcomes New Director of Quality and Patient Safety
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge