Police release sketch of man who assaulted woman on Waikiki Beach | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- CrimeStoppers and the Honolulu Police Department have released a sketch of a man wanted for robbery and attempted first degree sexual assault.
The victim was on the beach in Waikiki when she was shoved into the sand and held down by an unknown male at approximately 1:45 a.m. on Dec. 4, police say.
The suspect took items from her pocket and tried to remove her clothing. The woman struggled, yelled for help, and was assisted by two men who were in the area.
The suspect ran away, and police are now asking for the men who helped the victim to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 955-8300, or *CRIME on your mobile device.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii
News Now. All rights
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23