Schofield soldier arrested for Waikiki stabbing | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- An Army soldier based at Schofield has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing a woman in Waikiki early Sunday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was stabbed near Kuhio Avenue and Nahua Street around 3:30 a.m. and was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Police found the suspect, Solomon Battle, at another hotel and arrested him for attempted murder. He was charged Monday and remains in custody in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Honolulu Property Management Welcomes Michelle Tang, Vice President of Business Development
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia