Schofield soldier arrested for Waikiki stabbing | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- An Army soldier based at Schofield has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing a woman in Waikiki early Sunday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was stabbed near Kuhio Avenue and Nahua Street around 3:30 a.m. and was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Police found the suspect, Solomon Battle, at another hotel and arrested him for attempted murder. He was charged Monday and remains in custody in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- First all-coed Candle-Rose ritual at St. Francis
- Visitor Industry Charity Walk raises record $1.67 million
- National Police Week ends with motorcycle ride to honor fallen
- Honolulu Triathlon traffic restrictions for Sunday
- Local finalists’ artwork of Toyota's 2013 dream car art contest on exhibit at Honolulu Museum of Art