Schofield soldier arrested for Waikiki stabbing | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- An Army soldier based at Schofield has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing a woman in Waikiki early Sunday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was stabbed near Kuhio Avenue and Nahua Street around 3:30 a.m. and was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Police found the suspect, Solomon Battle, at another hotel and arrested him for attempted murder. He was charged Monday and remains in custody in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Ukulele Picnic Releases Updated Musical Lineup for 2014
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge