Schofield soldier arrested for Waikiki stabbing | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- An Army soldier based at Schofield has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing a woman in Waikiki early Sunday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was stabbed near Kuhio Avenue and Nahua Street around 3:30 a.m. and was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Police found the suspect, Solomon Battle, at another hotel and arrested him for attempted murder. He was charged Monday and remains in custody in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shot fired during Kalihi robbery, suspect escapes
- Affordable rentals in Iwilei now accepting applications
- Holiday Music Comes to Life at Moanalua Medical Center
- Hawaii State Library Offers Centennial Anniversary Events in December
- Battleship Missouri Memorial to Offer Sneak Preview of HAWAII FIVE-0 WWII Remembrance Episode
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event