Surfers spot tiger shark at Ala Moana Beach Park | News
Ten surfers say they spotted a 10-to-12 foot tiger shark in waters off Ala Moana Beach Park Sunday afternoon.
According to officials, the sighting was reported at about 2 p.m. Sunday. The shark was seen a quarter-mile off shore at the surf spot known as "Courts" near McCoy Pavilion.
Ocean Safety officials posted warning signs in the area. The warning was later canceled at about 6:30 p.m.
Ocean Safety officials do not believe this is the same shark spotted last week.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii’s Construction Boom Calls on ALTRES Staffing to Send the Best
- Kaiser Permanente Appoints Mark Linscott As Executive Director Of Strategic Planning And Deployment
- Kiewit Building Group Inc. Hires Gabriel Kwiatkowski for Kapolei II Elementary Project
- HIFI Fashion Showcase on tap for Made in Hawaii Festival
- HUGS Celebrates the Lives of Seriously Ill Children
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014