Surfers spot tiger shark at Ala Moana Beach Park | News
Ten surfers say they spotted a 10-to-12 foot tiger shark in waters off Ala Moana Beach Park Sunday afternoon.
According to officials, the sighting was reported at about 2 p.m. Sunday. The shark was seen a quarter-mile off shore at the surf spot known as "Courts" near McCoy Pavilion.
Ocean Safety officials posted warning signs in the area. The warning was later canceled at about 6:30 p.m.
Ocean Safety officials do not believe this is the same shark spotted last week.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Verizon Wireless Hawaii Celebrates Customers This Weekend
- Hawai'i Pacific University to Launch Global Lecture Series with $50,000 Grant from Hawaiian Electric
- Retail Merchants of Hawai‘i Launches New Statewide Training Program
- Wet'n'Wild Hawaii Gets Ice Cold
- Show Your Aloha Spirit By Purchasing Aloha Festivals Merchandise