Traffic alert for Monday's Lantern Floating ceremony | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- In preparation for Monday's 14th Annual Lantern Floating Hawaii ceremony, the organizers of the event would like to inform the public of the following traffic changes surrounding and at Ala Moana Beach Park:
- The parking lot at Magic Island will be closed to the public on Monday, May 28 from 4 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Ala Moana Boulevard (Waikiki bound), from Pi‘ikoi Street to Atkinson Drive, will be designated a "no parking, tow away" zone on Monday, May 28 from 4:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- In the event of a gridlock within Ala Moana Beach Park, the Atkinson Drive and Kamake‘e Street entrances will have limited access into the park and will be monitored by Honolulu Police Department.
- At the end of the ceremony (about 7:30 p.m.), the Honolulu Police Department will provide traffic assistance for the public crossing along Ala Moana Boulevard and at the Atkinson Drive intersection.
- Free event parking is available at the Hawai'i Convention Center from 9:00 a.m. – midnight.
- A complimentary shuttle will transport attendees between the Hawai'i Convention Center and Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach beginning at 4:00 p.m. then from 7:45 p.m. to return attendees to the Convention Center parking.
You watch the ceremony live on KGMB from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 28.
The rebroadcast will be from 6 p.m. to 7p.m. on Saturday, June 2 on KGMB.
The ceremony will also be streaming live on the Hawaii News Now website from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23