Traffic alert for Monday's Lantern Floating ceremony | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow)- In preparation for Monday's 14th Annual Lantern Floating Hawaii ceremony, the organizers of the event would like to inform the public of the following traffic changes surrounding and at Ala Moana Beach Park:
- The parking lot at Magic Island will be closed to the public on Monday, May 28 from 4 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Ala Moana Boulevard (Waikiki bound), from Pi‘ikoi Street to Atkinson Drive, will be designated a "no parking, tow away" zone on Monday, May 28 from 4:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- In the event of a gridlock within Ala Moana Beach Park, the Atkinson Drive and Kamake‘e Street entrances will have limited access into the park and will be monitored by Honolulu Police Department.
- At the end of the ceremony (about 7:30 p.m.), the Honolulu Police Department will provide traffic assistance for the public crossing along Ala Moana Boulevard and at the Atkinson Drive intersection.
- Free event parking is available at the Hawai'i Convention Center from 9:00 a.m. – midnight.
- A complimentary shuttle will transport attendees between the Hawai'i Convention Center and Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach beginning at 4:00 p.m. then from 7:45 p.m. to return attendees to the Convention Center parking.
You watch the ceremony live on KGMB from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 28.
The rebroadcast will be from 6 p.m. to 7p.m. on Saturday, June 2 on KGMB.
The ceremony will also be streaming live on the Hawaii News Now website from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Man in serious condition due to possible gunshot wound
- Hawaii's fastest, free WiFi network activated in Kakaako
- Architects Hawaii prepares master plan for Palama settlement as part of community service program
- Voting ends march 9 for People’s Choice Competition of Toyota’s 2014 dream car art contest
- WET’N’WILD HAWAII offers Best Deal in 15 Years of Operation
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia