U.S. Senate candidate Mazie Hirono addresses supporters at party Convention | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - On Saturday, U.S. Senate candidate Ed Case took the stage and addressed delegates at this year's Democratic Convention. On Sunday, Mazie Hirono got to address the crowd.
"This is about beating the Republicans because they are out there with millions and millions of dollars, intent on taking over the U.S. Senate so that they can carry on with their agenda which is anti-family, anti-workers, anti-unions, anti-keiki, anti-Native Hawaiians. Linda Lingle gave us furlough Fridays on November 6, let's furlough Linda Lingle", said Hirono.
Lingle's campaign issued a statement ahead of the convention saying "Democrats would talk about anything but the important issues facing the people of Hawaii. They will instead take the stage and take inappropriate shots at Lingle".
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate World Intellectual Property Day at Hawaii State Library April 26
- Hawaii Symphony Orchestra Takes On Gershwin and Beethoven In April 26-27 Concerts
- Nominees Sought for 2014 Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame
- Celebrate National Poetry Month at Hawaii State Library on April 19
- Ukulele Picnic Releases Updated Musical Lineup for 2014
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge