U.S. Senate candidate Mazie Hirono addresses supporters at party Convention | News
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - On Saturday, U.S. Senate candidate Ed Case took the stage and addressed delegates at this year's Democratic Convention. On Sunday, Mazie Hirono got to address the crowd.
"This is about beating the Republicans because they are out there with millions and millions of dollars, intent on taking over the U.S. Senate so that they can carry on with their agenda which is anti-family, anti-workers, anti-unions, anti-keiki, anti-Native Hawaiians. Linda Lingle gave us furlough Fridays on November 6, let's furlough Linda Lingle", said Hirono.
Lingle's campaign issued a statement ahead of the convention saying "Democrats would talk about anything but the important issues facing the people of Hawaii. They will instead take the stage and take inappropriate shots at Lingle".
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year