Waikiki Health Center receives grant for homeless youth | News
Friends of Hawaii Charities awarded Waikiki Health Center $3,000 for their Youth Outreach (YO) Program. They provide medical and social services to runaways and other homeless youth.
The grant will go toward their “YO Eats Fresh” campaign to enhance the nutritional value of the meals offered three days a week at the YO Drop-in Center.
“Support from Friends of Hawaii Charities will enable us to supplement our current meals service with fresh produce, meat and bread, so that our young people have the best food possible to maintain their health,” Jeeyun Lee, Youth & Elder Services Manager said.
YO also offers counseling, job and shelter assistance, GED preparatory classes, recreational activities, laundry and shower facilities and group sessions on conflict resolution.
The YO Teen Clinic offers primary health care, health education and other services to clients age 14 and older. YO is operated in conjunction with Hale Kipa, which provides many social service aspects of the program.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Governor Releases $500,000 for New Lanai Community Health Center Facility
- Hawaii Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling On News Media And Public Access To Criminal Trials
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii CEO Allen Uyeda Retiring On July 31, 2014
- Honolulu HomeLoans Welcomes Kelly Sakai, Senior Loan Officer
- First Insurance Company Of Hawaii Named One Of Nation's Top 50 Property & Casualty Insurance Co.
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day